Visit the Douro Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage, known for it's Douro and Port Wines, on this truly magnificent full-day tour from Porto.
What to Expect
Spend a full-day travelling a route where the passion for wine clearly stands out, start by heading towards the city of Régua, specifically to Quinta da Pacheca, where you will visit beautiful vineyards, classic mills, and an old wine cellar, and where you will get a chance to taste some world famous Douro and Port Wines.
For lunch, head up to the DOC restaurant, at Armamar, a place of enormous beauty, blending the magnificence of shale hills covered with vines with the quiet peacefulness of the Douro River and of it's riverside villages.
Finish the tour on the biggest vineyard in the Douro Region, Quinta das Carvalhas, situated in a dominant position on the left side of the Douro, covering the entire hillside overlooking the river and extending up to the top.
The return to Porto will be done by car, on a panoramic-style tour, in order to take advantage of the unparalleled Douro landscape.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Mandatory insurance
- Lunch at the DOC restaurant
- Vintage visit to Quinta das Carvalhas with wine tasting
- Visit to Quinta da Pacheca with wine tasting
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• No minimum number of participants required
• There is a possibility of cancellation in case of bad weather. In this case, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
• Enjoy a small-group tour, with a maximum of eight people, to ensure a more personalized experience