Hike the Douro Valley, walking through the vineyards of Portugal on a 14-hour tour. Experience the magnificent scenery of the Douro River and UNESCO World Heritage listed landscape. Walk along the banks of the Pinhão River and more.
What to Expect
Explore the villages, vineyards, and rivers of the Douro on a 14-hour hiking tour from Oporto.
Your full-day tour starts at Campanhã Train Station in Porto, where you will take the train to Pinhão, a journey of a little more than 2 hours. Considered the best train journey in Portugal, follow the path of the River Douro admiring the marvelous scenery.
Upon arrival at the picturesque train station of Pinhão, with its typical blue tiles, walk to one of the best viewpoints of the Douro Region, traversing the vineyards of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For lunch, stop at the Casal de Loivos viewpoint. From here, wander through vineyards, following old trails, in some cases no longer used to get to the vines. Once back at the valley floor, hike the shores of the River Pinhão to arrive at the mighty Douro, and back to Pinhão.
- Guided hike
- Liability insurance and personal accident insurance
What's Not Included
- Picnic - EUR 10 per person
- Train fare from Oporto to Douro - EUR 25
- Hotel transfers - EUR 20 per person return for hotels in Oporto
Meet at the Campanhã Train Station (Oporto). Tour starts at 07:15 and ends in Oporto at 21:00
Know Before You Go
• This hike can be adapted to accommodate most fitness levels
• A minimum of 2 persons are required for this tour
• Bookings must be made at least 2 days in advance
• Please provide your name and date of birth for insurance purposes
• Acceptance of reservations is dependent upon availability