The Great Pyramids of Giza are on everybody’s list of places to see and on this full-day cruise excursion from Port Said you will combine a Pyramid adventure with a trip to the ancient burial grounds of Sakkara.
What to Expect
With a full-day to explore on shore from your Port Said cruise ship terminal, this 13-hour excursion takes in some of Egypt’s must-see sights. After your arrival at Port Said, your Egyptologist guide will meet you on land for the day. They will be holding a sign with your name at the cruise exit door.
Whisked from ship to shore with no fuss or bother, you will soon be on your way by private air-conditioned vehicle towards the city of Cairo. Relax on the 3-hour journey as you briefly follow the path of the Suez Canal and then head inland for the pyramids
Located about 11 miles southwest of Cairo, the Great Pyramids of Giza are one of the wonders of the ancient world, and the only one to remain virtually intact. The mysterious monuments are an essential part of your day, but you will also get to visit the great Sphinx and the Valley Temple before lunch at a local restaurant.
Moving on to Sakkara, the tour takes in Egypt's oldest cemetery, where you will see the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the world's first monumental stone building. Enjoy a trip to one of the magnificent Mastabas before the return journey to Port Said in time for your cruise ship departure.
There will be a short stop at a Papyrus Institute on the way back, but with morning departures at 06:00 you will be back in Port Said by about 19:00.
- Pick up services from Port Said port and return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour
- Lunch meal at local restaurant
- Mineral water and cup of tea or coffee during lunch
What's Not Included
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Know Before You Go
• Egypt Excursions Online representative will meet you in the front of the port with a sign with your name on it.