Start your Dodo Trail tour with a visit to Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius. See its major attractions and explore the lively central market. Enjoy an authentic Mauritian lunch before stopping to see the rare plants at Pamplemousses Botanical Garden.
What to Expect
Your busy full-day tour begins with a visit to Port Louis, the capital city. Enjoy magnificent views over the town and its harbor from the old citadel, Fort Adelaide.
Discover the busy city center on a walk that starts at the Saint Louis Cathedral and continues to the noisy and hectic central market. Along the way you’ll see the Supreme Court, the Municipal Theater, Poncini, the Parliament, Place d’Armes, and Government House.
The central market is a lively place, with its shouting merchants and intriguing array of colorful tropical fruits and vegetables. You’ll find a variety of craft items here also.
Just a short walk away is the Caudan Waterfront, a modern and elegant shopping center, where you’ll see the Blue Penny Museum.
Next, you’ll head to a private home to enjoy an authentic Mauritian lunch of Creole delicacies.
After lunch you’ll drive through Moka, Saint Pierre, Nouvelle Decouverte, Les Mariannes, and Long Mountain on your way to the magnificent Pamplemousses Botanical Garden. This site is noted for the variety as well as the rarity of its species. Take a leisurely walk along the shady, well-kept avenues and enjoy the beauty of the garden.
End the tour with a visit to the Sugar World Museum.
- Pick-up and drop-off at any hotel or other accommodation in Mauritius
- Transportation to all sites
- Personal guide (French, English, or German speaking)
- Admission tickets to all sights
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
You will be contacted and advised of the pick-up time.
Please provide the following compulsory information in the "remarks for local tour operator" section when booking:
• Hotel name and address (or details of other accommodation)
• Dates of stay
• Flight details
• Contact number
• Food allergies or if vegetarian
• no show – no refund
• cancellation on the day of excursion – no refund
• cancellation 1 day before the excursion – 25 per cent refund
• cancellation 2 or more days before the excursion – full refund
• weather conditions not suitable to client – no refund
• bad weather (cancellation by Connections before departure) – full refund
• bad weather (cancellation during excursion) – partial refund
Connections reserves the right to change the date and day of the excursion.