Cycling Istria's Wine Roads - 8 Day Self-Guided Tour
From £544 per personBook now
- Explore the magical region of Istria at your own pace
- Sample fabulous regional wines
- Enjoy delicious local food prepared according to traditional methods
- Cruise through vineyards and along the beautiful Croatian coastline
- Finish in Rovinj, pearl of the Adriatic and sometimes called Little Venice
See the oldest lighthouse on the Adriatic, taste artisanal olive oil, and even dig for truffles on this week-long tour of Croatia’s little slice of Mediterranean paradise, and do it all while proceeding through the sights at your own pace. Sleep the nights away in comfort in your luxury hotels knowing everything has been arranged for you ahead of time.
Day 1: Arrival
We'll then drive you to Buje, from where you will start cycling next day. Overnight in hotel Casa la Parenzana. Casa la Parenzania is rural house in the heart of Istria, a peaceful oasis for relaxation and an ideal starting point for exploration of this beautiful area.
Day 2: Buje-Umag-Buje - 43 km (27 miles)
Ride along the northern part of Istria, passing by Savudrija, the oldest lighthouse on the Adriatic. Then pass through Umug, with its Venetian-style houses, then visit a wine cellar before once again overnighting in the area around Buje.
Day 3: Buje-Mirna Valley-Brtonigla-Buje - 39 km (24 miles)
Spend the morning exploring the old town of Buje before riding through the rustic Mirna Valley, with its river, bridges, vineyards. Taste some of Croatia’s best olive oil before heading back to your hotel in Buje.
Day 4: Buje- Motovun - 35 km (22 miles)
Today ride to Grožnjan, a medieval town perched high on a hill above the banks of the river Mirna that is famous across Croatia for its art and music scene. Continue on to Motovun, on the edge of a dark forest famous for its truffles.
Day 5: Motovun-Poreč - 39 km (24 miles)
Depart Istria’s inland regions for its Adriatic coast. Passing by the Višnjan Observatory, continue on to Poreč. Along the way you can sample wines made by locals and see rustic villages.
Day 6: Poreč-Vrsar-Poreč - 43 km (27 miles)
Start the day sightseeing at Euphrasian Basilica, a 6th century church. Ride up the hill to the village of Bačva, then continue back down to the coast and loop around to return to Poreč.
Day 7: Poreč -Kanfanar-Rovinj - 31 km (19 miles)
Stick around in Poreč or take a short transfer to Kanfanar, a small town above a big, flat valley. Visit the remains of a Bronze Age fort at Monkodonja, then arrive at Rovinj – the pearl of the Adriatic. Sometimes called Little Venice, Rovinj’s medieval streets, fish markets, and romantic scenery will make you fall in love. Spend the night in a villa.
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast it's time for departure.
- Welcome meeting
- 3 x overnight in hotel 3* in Buje area
- 1 x overnight in hotel 3* in Motovun
- 2 x overnight in hotel 3* in Poreč
- 1 x overnight in hotel 3* in Rovinj
- 7 x breakfast
- Information package including detailed route description (map and road book) plus vouchers
- Luggage transport between accommodations
- 24/7 emergency number
- Travel and bike insurance
- Arrival and departure from Istria
- Transfer from the airport to hotel and return (can be organised)
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Bike rental with equipment (tube repair kit, spare tube, pump, locks, bottle holder, rear rack and helmet). If required can be hired for 70EUR per bike per week (depending on bike model choosen)
• Transfer from the airport or bus/train station can be organised for an additional fee. • Transfer from the hotel to the airport or bus/train statio can also be organised. Nearest airports: • Pula airport. You can take local bus from Pula airport to Pula bus station and from Pula bus station to Porec bus station, however the best way is to take a private transfer. • Trieste airport. The best way to travel is to take a private transfer. There's no bus. • Transfers during the trip are included.
To begin your tour please meet in our office in Poreč (map with our office details will be sent to you) where we will provide you with your tour package. This includes hotel vouchers, bicycle with all equipment, maps and a road book.
Product ID: 17257