This incredible full day tour is the best way to experience the volcanic origin of the island.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Portuguese, English
- Pickup included
- • Pickup is included for accommodation in the center of Ponta Delgada city (pickup outside this area is available at an extra cost) • Please wait in your hotel lobby or outside the hotel 20 to 30-minutes before the scheduled pickup time • Drivers will wait no longer than 5-minutes after the scheduled pickup time
- Ribeira Grande City
- Tea Plantations of Gorreana
- Furnas Valley: Lake & Village
- Terra Nostra Botanical Garden and Nature Park
- Vehicle with Driver and Guide
- Entrance Fee to Terra Nostra botanical gardens and nature park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Water throughout the day
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Food in the vehicle
Know before you go
- Visibility at the viewpoints depends on the weather conditions.
- The itinerary is subject to changes.
- The BIGTRUCK capacity is 24 people, minimum of 10 people, if the minimum number is not reached, the excursion will be made in van.
- Bring comfortable clothes and appropriate foot wear.
- The weather in the Azores is a bit unstable, so it is recommended to bring a rain coat.
- As this tour offers the possibility of bathing in a thermal pool, it is advised to bring bathing suit, towel and additional clothes.