Embark on journey back to the past as you explore one of the well-preserved archaeological ruins in the world. Discover the wonders of Pompeii, get acquainted with Ancient Roman history and learn fascinating stories of Ancient Pompeiani’s lifestyle.
What to Expect
Departure from the Amalfi coast by GT Coach to Pompeii. Explore by expert guide the ruins of the Roman city buried by Vesuvius Eruption in 79 a.D.. Walk on the historic streets full of tales from the past and get an insight of Ancient Rome as you snoop around the houses, temples, amphitheaters, and a brothel.
This tour will take you on the secluded routes of the ruins, including the ancient houses recently refurbished (according to day openings), the public buildings, and the necropolis. The tour will end in Villa Dei Misteri: recently refurbished, this ancient villa is rightfully considered the very pearl of Pompeii ruins. Although covered with meters of ash and other volcanic material, the villa sustained only minor damage in the eruption, and the majority of its walls, ceilings, and most particularly its frescoes survived largely undamaged. Due to the long walk inside the ruins (3 ½ - 4 hours approx) this tour is advised against the less mobile. After the visit free time for lunch. On the journey back, visit to one of the most prestigious cameo and coral factories, to see the typical production of cameos.
- English Speaking guide
- Audio system with live commentary
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Optional meals
- Personal shopping (payable locally)
Know Before You Go
• Please be aware that you will have a long walk inside the ruins (3 hours 30 minutes - 4 hours). Please wear suitable footwear
• It is advised that you bring: sun cream, a bottle of water, an umbrella, a jumper and a camera
• Max admittance size for bags is 30x30x15cm. Bigger bags must be stored on the bus during the visit
• If you are under 18 years old, please bring a valid ID in order to get free admittance to State Museums and Excavations