Discover Scuba Diving gives beginners the chance to dive in Playa Del Carmen without having to take a full-course. After a brief lesson with one of our instructors, each student will dive among amazing marine life.
What to Expect
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater like a fish? If you want to find out but aren’t ready to plunge into a certification course, the Discover Scuba Diving will introduce you to this fun activity.
We will teach you how to use scuba equipment in shallow waters and provide an introduction to the underwater world.
After a brief lesson and pool practice with one of our instructors, you will dive among marine life in the shallow reefs off the coast of Playa Del Carmen. It will include two dives, to a maximum of 40 feet (12 meters). You will come across a wide range of corals and marine life, including blue tangs, angel fish, morray eels and turtles.
The skills you will learn on our course will contribute towards certification in the PADI Scuba Diver Program and the PADI Open Water Diver Program.
- A short information session and a confined open water skills session (as per PADI standards)
- Two leisure dives (up to a maximum of about 40 feet, or 12 meters)
- New, fully functioning, high-quality diving gear
- Bottled water
- Instruction from qualified, friendly PADI Diving Instructors
- Boat transfer on a spacious and fully equipped boat
- A small group of students, ensuring personalized attention
- A DSD certificate
What's Not Included
- Transportation to Dive Center
- Private instructor (available at extra charge)
- Photos and Souvenirs
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
There are pre-requisites for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course:
• You must be 10 years or older.
• You must be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills.
• You should be in good overall health to dive, particularly in terms of your respiratory and circulatory systems. You will be asked to self-certify before starting your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience.
• You will need to complete the required PADI forms.
• Please note that, in compliance with recognized diving safety standards, you must have a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane.