Enjoy an afternoon of sea cave exploring inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine geology, including the hidden caves and lagoons John Gray found in 1989. Expect a wildlife adventure with an experienced guide and get to float your own self-made flower "Kratong."
What to Expect
This world famous kayak trip from Phuket starts at midday to avoid the crowds with a convenient pick-up service by luxury air-conditioned minivan from the entire Phuket Island. Don’t eat lunch – this tour will serve you a healthy and nutritious meal on board the comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat after leaving from Ao Po Pier. During the boat ride, you will watch a raptor show and get a detailed briefing about the nature and geological site of Phang Nga Bay. Learn the basic do’s and don’ts on how to securely enter the caves.
Start the first kayaking session with your well-educated and experienced guide through limestone caves and lagoons at the dramatic setting of Panak Island. The hand-made kayaks are specially designed for your trip and you can feel absolutely safe because there was never a capsize, a puncture or any accident. Your professional guide paddles you and your partner through "Tidal Nape" sea caves literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine limestone karstic islands into "Hongs" (Thai for room).
The hidden cliff-lined lagoons are populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mud-skippers, egrets, sea eagles and brahminy kites. Return to the escort boat and move on to the second island with two more caves and hongs to explore.
You will finish after dark by floating your own self-made flower “Kratong” in a spiritual and spectacular natural light show. Eating a delicious seafood-vegan buffet on the trip back, you return to the pier two hours after sunset.
Guests say that the evening Loi Kratong ceremony complete with fireflies and dinoflagellates (bio-luminescent plankton) was a "spiritual experience," "best trip of our lives-anywhere," and "best Thai food we've ever had – and on a boat."
Only the highest-quality ingredients are used to prepare the lunch and dinner, fresh from the local market. Seafood is net caught and chicken are free-range. Brown, red and black rice is served with homemade Massaman curry.
- Hotel round-trip transfer on the entire Phuket island including airport pick-up and drop-off service
- Professional and experienced English-speaking guide
- Full board meal plan with lunch, dinner and soft drinks
- Comfortable and modern twin-engine escort boat
- Caveman's SOTAR sea kayaks
- Kayak equipment including a dry bag
- Basic accident insurance
- National park entrance fees
Meet at Ao Po Pier in Phuket at least 30-minutes before scheduled departure.
Know Before You Go
• Bring towel, bathing clothes, dry and warm clothes for the way back, sunglasses, sun cream and a camera or smart phone (at your own risk, dry-bags are provided)
• Tour program can change due to the weather and tide conditions
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems