South of Phuket lies a pristine island that continues to amaze both new and existing visitors. Racha Island has been on the forefront of delivering fabulous scuba diving and snorkeling opportunities in addition to a chilled atmosphere for pure relaxation.
What to Expect
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel on Phuket (conditions apply) and transfer you to the Chalong Pier for a speed boat ride to the Racha Islands. The island lies approximately 12 kilometers south of Phuket.
Upon arrival, the pristine beauty of Racha Yai reveals itself in splendid fashion with most arrivals landing onto a strip of fine white sand tucked deep into the long, U-shaped main bay called Ao Tawan Tok or Ao Bungalow. The water here is clear and perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving. The coral reefs around Kon Kae Bay are home to a plethora of fish and other sea creatures. If the crystal clear waters are not your thing, the shores of Racha Yai Island are home to white sandy beaches that are close to postcard perfect.
After a great local lunch at one of the few beachfront restaurants, it is time to either hit back onto the sand or swim around and further explore the underwater world. There are plenty of things to see and do outside, blending into the laidback atmosphere.
In the afternoon, head back by speedboat to mainland Phuket, where you will be driven back to your hotel/ resort on the island. Please note that conditions apply for transfers to specific beaches and supplements may be charged. Expect to be delivered safely back to your hotel at around 4:00pm.
- Tours and transfer from and to your Phuket Hotel with driver only to the harbor (only applicable for resorts along Phuket Town, Tri Trang, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai, Yacht Club, Naiharn and Ban Krating beach)
- Use of joined speed boat (with refreshments) from and to Koh Racha with life jackets
- Lunch at a local restaurant at Racha
- All taxes and service fees included
What's Not Included
- Other entrance fees and expenses, such as meals (breakfast and/or dinner) drinks, shopping, unless otherwise stated along Phuket Town, Tri Trang, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai, Yacht Club, Naiharn and Ban Krating beach)
- Supplements for pick-up/ drop-off at other beaches
- Optional water sports (to be paid on the spot when applicable)
- Hotel accommodation in Phuket
- Tips & gratuities
Know Before You Go
• English-speaking guide
• Transfer services are only included from and to hotels along Phuket Town, Tri Trang, Kalim, Patong, Karon, Kata, Rawai, Yacht Club, Naiharn and Ban Krating Beach
• Other beaches on request and come with supplementary charges
• Note that this tour is subject to unfavorable weather conditions