On this one day tour you have the opportunity to explore one of the largest Mayan complexes of Guatemala. It´s highlights include the structures in Groups, A, B, C, Temple 214, the visitor center, and the solar powered lodgings for archeologists
What to Expect
From your Hotel in Flores you wil be transfer to Yaxha archaeological park. It is a Mesoamerican archeological site located in the northeast of the Petén Basin region within the Department of Petén. It is approximately 30 km southeast of Tikal, between the Yaxha and Sacnab Lake.
Yaxha is notable for the unique survival of its toponym from the classical period. The name of the city is of ancient origin, literally meaning blue-green (Yax) water (ha). A thriving ceremonial center in it´s heyday, it has over 500 structures, including 40 stelae, 13 Altars, 9 Temple Pyramids, and 2 Mesoamerican ball courts.
At the conclusion of the tour, you will be treated to a traditional Guatemalan lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll return to Flores.
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off * Admissions to Yaxha archaeological park * Tour Guide * Lunch - Traditional Guatemala Cuisine
Know Before You Go
* A minimum of 1 adult passengers is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets will be refunded or rescheduled.
* Please wear walking/hiking boots as we will be walking 3-4 hours, often in wet weather. Sorry, no wheelchair access.
* Please bring hat, sungasses, sunblock, camera, bug repellent, thin pants, rain gear, long sleeve t-shirts. personal medication, & passport (passport is required).
* Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
* Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
* For groups of 10 personsor more, please contact Gray Line Guatemala. firstname.lastname@example.org