Have a taste of the local lifestyle on this Balik Pulau countryside tour and take advantage of an opportunity to break free from a busy city like George Town and experience another style of living.
What to Expect
This countryside tour experience set among green rice paddies and fruits plantations in the peaceful village of Balik Pulau is a great place to break away from the exhausting traffic of George Town. In Balik Pulau, you'll find remains of a traditional lifestyle and have the chance to see how the traditional handmade powder (for body and facial) Cold Powder and nutmeg products are made.
See traditional Chinese houses and Malay Kampung along the way. Visit an organic farm for some vegetables and fruits and a chance to feed the goats, chickens, and ducks. Enjoy local delicacies such as Laksa, nutmeg juice, the famous brown sugar pao or vege pao.
- English/ Mandarin-speaking driver
- Entrance fee
- Tour guide
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Food and drink
Know Before You Go
• Child rates from 3 to 11-years-old (including 3-year-olds)
• Adult rates from 12-years-old and above
• It is summer all year round and humid so lightweight clothes in natural fibers (linen, silk, or cotton) will be most comfortable with a pair of walking shoe
• If you plan on visiting religious sites, please do cover up - absolutely no skimpy or revealing clothes and please cover your legs and shoulders