Learn the history of events at Ypres Salient, one of World War I's bloodiest stretches of the Western Front. From Passchendaele, to the Menin Gate memorial, and more, discover a recent past that we all should have learnt from in “the war to end all wars.”
What to Expect
Pay your respects to the 185,000 Commonwealth soldiers who sacrificed their lives at the Ypres Salient, one of World War I's hardest fought-over stretches of the Western Front.
Through its memorials, cemeteries, and battlefield remnants, Ypres represents one of the most dramatic periods of 20th-century history, a terrain stained by devastating modern brutality. Discover the horrors of war, and its very real heroes and villains, through the area's humbling landmarks: John McCrae's Essex Farm site; Langemark, the German cemetery; Vancouver Corner, the Canadian memorial; Tyne Cot cemetery, Passchendaele; Polygon Wood, the Australian memorial; Saint George's Chapel; and the Menin Gate Memorial.
Join a day of remembrance for the many who died at Ypres between 1914 and 1918, in what was once “the war to end all wars.”
- Entrance fees to all sites included in above itinerary
- Ypres transport by air-conditioned minibus (seats up to 18)
What's Not Included
- Entrance to In Flanders Field museum (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Expect about 3.5 hours' travel time each way between Paris and Ypres
• A valid passport (or European Community ID) is required
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible
• No cancellations, modifications or refunds 5 days prior to the scheduled date