Discover the world-famous Palace of Versailles, known for its extravagant décor and breathtakingly beautiful gardens. Journey back in time with an expert guide and revel in the over-the-top decadence of Versailles with a guided tour in English.
What to Expect
Take a half-day tour to the Palace of Versailles and discover gracious gardens and intricate architectural features. You’ve experienced the excitement of cosmopolitan Paris, now take a trip back to the sheer decadence, harmonious open spaces and splendor of a lusciously landscaped paradise, just a short ride from the French capital.
Your guide will walk you through the enchanted grounds and reveal the stories of the shamelessly indulgent kings, queens, and consorts of 17th and 18th-century France. Unravel the history of the Sun King, the stifling court etiquette, and the scandals that rocked the monarchy and ignited the Revolution.
Hear the fantastic myths and legends behind the statues and fountains and explore the hidden corners you wouldn’t find on your own. If you’d like to venture inside, your guide will show you how to avoid the lines and get the best priced tickets.
- Train transportation to and from Versailles
What's Not Included
- Entrance to gardens (EUR 8/9)
- Entrance to chateau (EUR 15)
Meet your guide in front of the fountain in Place Saint-Michel.
What to Remember
• The tour travels to Versailles and back using the RER C Regional trains. Travel time is less than 2.5 hours round-trip, giving you over 3 hours to explore the Versialles Gardens and the Chateau (entrance to Chateau costs extra and is not included in the tour, but there is time during the tour to enter the Chateau)
• On selected days admission to the gardens is an extra EUR 8 due to the fountain displays
• If you prefer to venture inside (an additional EUR 13), your guide will show you how to avoid the lines and get the best-priced tickets