Explore the beauty and glory of the Palace of Versailles on a half-day trip from Paris. Gaze in wonder at the excesses of the palace décor and stroll through the exquisite gardens at you own leisure while accompanied by an informative audio guide.
What to Expect
Discover the excessive beauty of the Palace of Versailles on a half-day tour of the palace and gardens. You and a small group will be transported by minibus from your hotel in Paris to the wealthy suburb on the city’s outskirts.
On arrival in Versailles you will meet with a larger group and enter the Palace together. An English-speaking driver-guide will give you time to discover the glamour of the castle and gardens at your own pace. Enjoy expert commentary via the pre-recorded audio guides as you wander through the magical Hall of Mirrors, and see the King and Queen´s Apartments. You will learn about the lifestyle of the royals during the Baroque era, and what led to their downfall.
You will then have time to explore the breathtaking gardens. Marvel at the harmonious open spaces, and intricately-landscaped lawns, and explore the fantastic myths and legends behind the many statues and fountains.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Services of a driver/guide
- Free visit of the State Apartments and Hall of Mirrors
- Free time in the gardens
- Entrance tickets (palace and gardens)
- Audio guide at Versailles
What to Remember
From April to October, enjoy the Days of the Fountains at Versailles, when the jets of water in the fountains rise and fall in time to baroque music. Entrance tickets are included for all the tours to Versailles on these dates: Saturdays and Sundays from 02 April to 30 October, Tuesdays from 31 May to 28 June, and 22 April, 02 June, and 14 July.
• Cancellations made 2 days before your tour will incur a penalty of 20% of the tour price
• Cancellations made 1 day before your tour will incur a penalty of 40% of the tour price
• Cancellations made on the day of departure will incur a 100% penalty