Skip the Line: 2-Hour Paris Catacombs Small Group Tour
From £70 per personBook now
- Explore the Paris Catacombs and discover their dark secrets
- Learn the history and legends of the Catacombs from an expert guide
- Skip the lines waiting to enter this unique Paris attraction
Access to the Catacombs is extremely limited as only 200 people are allowed to enter the site at a time. Consequently, lines can be very long and waits can be up to 2 hours. Privileged, skip-the-line access lets you save time and energy to make the most out of this personalized visit.
Nearly 300 kilometers of tunnels and narrow paths stretch below the streets of Paris. Originally, the Catacombs were limestone quarries, hollowed out for the construction of the most famous bridges and buildings in the city. Beginning in the 18th century, the Catacombs served as the final resting place for more than 6 million people, and skeletons, bones, and skulls of exhumed bodies neatly line the walls and arches.
Tour groups are limited to just 20 guests. Join this exclusive skip-the-line tour and see Paris in a different light than ever before.
- English-speaking expert guide
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for the Paris Catacombs
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Your guide will meet you at the entrance to the Catacombs, the small green building on Place Denfert-Rochereau, and will be holding a sign. To reach the Catacombs by Metro take line 4 or line 6 to the Denfert-Rochereau stop and exit at Sortie 1. The entrance to the Catacombs is directly across the street from this exit.
• The maximum group size is 20 participants
• The Catacombs are quite small and dark in places. This tour may not be appropriate for individuals with claustrophobia
• Unfortunately the tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
• The tour is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
• Given the nature of the Catacombs, the space is often wet, dirty, and a little slippery. It is also a cool 14 degrees Centigrade year-round. Be sure to dress appropriately and bring a sweater during the summer months
• Comfortable walking shoes are also recommended
• Skip-the-line access and careful planning will limit crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard opening hours
Product ID: 54091