Versailles Round-Trip Transfers: Multiple DeparturesProduct ID: 62483
From £25.33 per personBook now
- Relax on a comfortable and convenient transfer to the Palace of Versailles
- Travel in the company of an escort/hostess during the transfer
- Board the motor coach at any of 3 departure points in Paris
- Return to Paris by shuttle after spending around 5 hours exploring the site
Once you arrive in Versailles you'll have approximately 5 hours to explore the site at your leisure before the return trip to Paris.
You can board the bus at your choice of 3 different stops in central Paris (Gare du Nord, Opéra, Champs-Elysées/Etoile). For your comfort you'll be accompanied by a trilingual escort/hostess during the transfer.
The Château de Versailles has been on UNESCO’s World Heritage List for 30 years and is one of the most spectacular achievements of 18th-century French architecture. The park area was originally the site of Louis XIII’s hunting lodge before his son Louis XIV transformed it, moving the court and government of France to Versailles in 1682. Each of the 3 French kings who lived in the Palace added improvements to make it even more stunning.
From the central window of the Hall of Mirrors you can look down on the grand perspective that takes your gaze from the Water Parterre to the horizon. This original perspective, which preceded the reign of Louis XIV, was developed and maintained by the garden designer André Le Nôtre. To accomplish this he widened the Royal Path and created the Grand Canal. This vast perspective stretches from the façade of the Château de Versailles to the railings of the Park.
At the end of your visit, look for your tour leader at the meeting point and you’ll soon be on your way back to Paris. You can choose to be dropped off at Champs-Elysées/Etoile or at the Paris Opéra House.
- Tour escort/host
- Pick-up and drop off at designated meeting points
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Admission fees
Gare du Nord (83, Rue Maubeuge, facing the bakery): 10:10; Opéra (11, Avenue de l'Opéra, Big Bus information center): 10:30; Champs-Elysées/Etoile (2, Avenue Foch, next to the traffic light): 10:50. (Open in Google Maps)
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Product ID: 62483