Come and visit the Arc de Triomphe at Place de l'Étoile. Skip the lines to reach the top of the Champs-Élysées and feast your eyes on breathtaking panoramas of the world-renowned City of Love.
What to Expect
The Arc de Triomphe is a Neoclassical take on the ancient Roman triumphal arch style. Fifty meters tall, the view from the platform atop the arch is well worth the hike. See the dozen Parisian avenues radiating out from the arch into the City of Light. Paris is one of the most fascinating places in the world and you will find yourself right at its center.
Inspired by the great arches of ancient Rome, Napoleon commissioned the Arc de Triomphe shortly after his victory at Austerlitz. Unfortunately, he never lived to see its completion.
At the base of the arch, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier pays tribute to the 1.3 million French soldiers who died in World War I. Behold the eternal flame that is rekindled at 6.30pm each evening. In addition, there is a must-see exhibition which explains the symbolic importance of this monument.
The view from the top of the arch is worth climbing the 284 stairs. From your privileged position, survey all of Paris. Unlike the obligatory Eiffel Tower trip, getting into the Arc de Triomphe is an effort not all tourists undertake. Plus, with skip-the-line tickets, you'll hardly have to break stride on your way in.
- Skip-the-line access to the Arc de Triomphe's rooftop
What's Not Included
- Skip the security check lines: due to safety measures, all visitors must comply with security checks
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the elevator going to the top is reserved for disabled customers. The elevator travels to the shop level and there are still 50 steps to access the roof top
• Last admission to the Arc is 45 minutes before closing time
• Please note that your ticket will be valid for one year at any given time
• Persons under 18 and EU residents under 26 get in free with valid ID
• Due to safety concerns, bags larger than 40cmx40cmx20cm are not permitted. There is no luggage room at the monument.