Tour backstage at the film studio complex of La Cité du Cinéma in Saint-Denis, north of Paris. Discover how Luc Besson turned the former electric power plant into a working film studio, and see film sets and costumes from his best loved films.
What to Expect
Go behind the scenes of a working film studio on a 105-minute tour of La Cité du Cinéma in Saint-Denis, north of Paris.
Created by the legendary French film director, Luc Besson, the 6-hectare complex, located on the site of a former electric power plant, was discovered by Besson during his search for a set to film his movie, "Léon." Start your backstage tour at the "Nef," or nave of the structure, measuring over 200 meters in length and 18 meters tall. See original sets and costumes from films such as "The 5th Element."
Then, go to Studios’ Avenue and the School of Cinema, and learn the secrets behind the construction of this “Hollywood-on-Seine,” thanks to a film that tracks the evolution of the revolutionary project. Hear 1,001 anecdotes about the French film industry, and more.
- Guided tour in French
- Entrance ticket for the Ciné du Cinéma
- Exclusive backstage access to the Ciné du Cinéma
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the movie sets are currently being used for a movie decorations montage, and are therefore closed for visits
• For artistic or technical reasons, the itinerary may be modified on the day of the tour
• Please note that your visit does not allow you to attend a film shoot
• This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 7
• Cancellation policy:
- At least 48h before the date of the visit: 100% refund
- Less than 48h before the date of the visit: no refund
• For security reasons each participant has to present ID at the begining of the visit.
• The Cité du Cinéma reserves the right to verify the contents of clients' bags and, if applicable, confiscate any items considered to be dangerous.
• The tour will depart at the time indicated. Latecomers will be refused the access and won't be able to join the group. Tours cannot be rescheduled or refunded.