Avoid the long cash desk queue with your pre-bought ticket. Enjoy full access to Versailles' whole domain, including the Palace, the Trianon, Marie Antoinette Estate and Gardens (if no Fountain Show.) Enjoy audio commentary in 11 languages in the Palace.
What to Expect
Skip the cashier line to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles with a pre-booked 1-day or 2-day full access pass. Explore the ornate State Apartments and breathtaking Hall of Mirrors inside the official residence of the French monarchy from 1682 to 1789. Learn more about Louis XIV and other French royals with a complimentary audio guide.
Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge there in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678–1715). Your 1 or 2-day full access pass allows you to visit the State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court as you take a walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Stroll through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and admire fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
You will also enjoy access to the Grand and Petit Trianon in their own grounds. See where the “Sun King” would entertain in private, and where he would go to escape the rigors of court life. Then, go to Marie Antoinette’s Estate, and discover where she would seek refuge in private.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace, avoiding the ticket purchase lines
- Access to the Grand Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the King’s Chamber, the Queen’s Chamber and the Apartments of Mesdames
- Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens on dates when the Fountain Show is unavailable
- Audio guide (available in 11 languages)
No need to go to the cashier, present your voucher directly at the Palace entrance. Arrive early as there can be some waiting time at the security check during high season. Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles
Know Before You Go
• Please note that you may experience some waiting time at the security check at the entrance of the Palace of Versailles. You can only skip-the-line for the cash desk with this entrance ticket
• Please note that the Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and for European Union citizen under 25 years old. On both cases a valid form of identification will be asked.
• Please note that the gardens are not accessible on the following dates: Tuesdays between 31 March and 27 October; weekends between 28 March and 1 November; and 3 April, 8 May, 14 May, and 14th July, due to the Fountain Show
• There is an additional fee to access the gardens for the dates with the Fountain Show. Please check the different product options and book accordingly
• Arrive early to avoid the crowds! In high season, the Palace of Versailles can be very crowded in the morning; stroll around the gardens first, and then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon when the sunlight is the most