Get to know the majestic Palace of Versailles and its stunning, world-famous gardens on this guided tour. You'll be awed by the Royal State Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors before being treated to baroque music at the Fountain Show.
What to Expect
Immerse yourself in old France on a tour of the Palace of Versailles and its elegant French gardens. With humble origins as a hunting lodge built in 1624, this famous architectural wonder was expanded by Louis XIV beginning in 1661 into the fantastic palace we see today. The atmosphere around the structure is filled with the history of events like the French Revolution and the spirit of such characters as Marie-Antoinette, making it one of the most popular tourist destinations in France.
Your tour will take you on a guided visit of the King and Queen’s Reception Halls, the Grand Apartments of the King and Queen, and the Hall of Mirrors. In rooms filled with gold, paintings, art, stunning woodwork, and intricate floors, you will truly feel the decadence these old royals lived in. The Hall of Mirrors is particularly celebrated, and has been imitated in palaces throughout the world, most notably at the Herrenchiemsee Castle, King Ludwig II of Bavaria’s copy of Versailles.
As you exit the palace, you will have the opportunity to visit the famous gardens. The Gardens of Versailles are laid out in the classic French Garden style and were landscaped by André Le Nôtre. Consisting of immaculately trimmed and designed lawns, flowers sculptures, and fountains, the gardens are a true treat. The Gardens as well as the Palace are an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This isn’t just any tour of the gardens, however. As you wander through the groves and fountains, you will hear the pleasant sound of baroque music that accompanies the Fountains Show. Louis XIV himself started the Fountains Show in 1666, a grand time in which all the fountains gush with water to the tune of classic baroque. You won’t want to miss this unforgettable sound and light show!
The Palace of Versailles and its Gardens are a must see. Experience old France by taking the time to enjoy a guided tour of both before you continue your journey in modern France.
- Transportation in luxury air-conditioned coach
- Entrance to Versailles palace and gardens
- Authorization fees for guided visits
- A licensed multilingual guide and individual headphones
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear a good pair of walking shoes to avoid discomfort (no high heels)
• This tour is not suitable to clients with walking difficulties, as you will walk at a brisk pace
• The fountains and pools may be dry in the case of a drought
• Wheelchairs are not allowed in the palace
• A guide is required to see all areas of the park
• It will take approximately 45 minutes to reach Versailles