Paris: O Chateau's Wine Tasting Dinner
From £89 per personBook now
- Enjoy a 4-course meal, paired with wines, in a lovely setting close to the Louvre
- Sample 5 different wines from across France
- Learn how to read a wine label and how to taste and select wine
- Dine in a beautiful tasting room in a house once visited by Voltaire and George Sand
This experience was crafted especially for foodies looking for something different. To sign up for this activity, there is no need to be a gourmet expert. The important thing is to love wine and food, and to want to have a good time! The dinner starts at 20:00 at O Chateau, and includes a chef-prepared appetizer, main course, and a dessert.
O Chateau is located in a ‘hotel particulier' previously owned by Mme de Pompadour in the 17th-Century. Voltaire, Rousseau, and George Sand used to come to these famous receptions organized by the lady of the house. In the beautiful old vaulted cellars, the most famous French wines were stored to serve to guests.
The menu uses fresh seasonal produce and is constantly changing, but expect to be served fare such as seared scallop with avocado and cucumber salad, soy sauce and fresh raspberry reduction; veal tenderloin medallions with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, braised seasonal vegetables, and a red wine reduction; and moelleux au chocolat, with vanilla bean ice cream.
Using a unique and refreshing approach, your sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up and refine your wine knowledge. He will share with you the secrets necessary to taste wine properly, to navigate a wine list, and to choose wine at a restaurant. He will also expertly guide you through the main wine regions of France, explain to you how to read a French label, and how to pair wine with food.
- English speaking sommelier
- Beautiful tasting room for your group
- 4-course menu prepared by the house chef
- 5 good French wines (including one Champagne), served in Riedel glassware
- List of the wines you will taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
O Chateau is located in the center of Paris at 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001, Paris. It is 3 minutes from the Louvre Museum. Nearest metro stations are Louvre Rivoli (Line 1), and Etienne Marcel (Line 4).
Product ID: 11125