Travel back in time to the days of World War II and see the famous Landing Beaches of Normandy on a full-day tour from Paris. Learn about the Allied campaigns to liberate Europe from the Nazis, and enjoy a lunch, with cider tasting, and more.
What to Expect
Explore the beautiful Normandy countryside on a full-day tour of the D-Day landing sites, and discover the rich traditions of Normandy at a typical cider and Calvados farm.
The tour departs Paris for the historical battlefields and leanding beaches along the coast, including the Utah Beach Museum, housed in an original German bunker on the very beach where the first American troops landed. Learn about the complicated planning behind Operation Overlord, and hear touching stories of ordinary men and women whose actions shaped the face of Europe as we know it today. The museum also offers unparalleled views over Utah Beach and is home to one of the only remaining B-26 airplanes in the world.
Stop at a traditional cider-making orchard, and taste the ciders and Calvados (apple brandy) typical to the region in a 17th-century barn. Next, enjoy a Norman-style lunch of freshly prepared seasonal produce in a restaurant overlooking the port of Grandcamp Maisy.
After lunch, travel to Pointe du Hoc to see the German cliff-top defense that was heroically taken by US Rangers during the D-Day landings. Overlooking the English Channel, the site remains much as it was over half a century ago, with original German fortifications and the crater scars of bombs.
Pay your respects to the fallen at the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, located on a bluff overlooking Omaha Beach. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of President Roosevelt, and a Medal of Honor recipient, is buried here, along with almost 10,000 soldiers.
Visit the Omaha Beach Visitor Centre to learn how very little went as planned during the Omaha Beach landings. Your guide will use the drive there to provide an enriching commentary, leaving plenty of time to explore at leisure on arrival.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees for all sites visited
- Headsets to hear your guide if needed
- Transfers by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (including 1 glass of cider)
- Calvados and cider tasting
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Extra beverages at lunch
Know Before You Go
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Please note that some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Please bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather. The beach sites are often windy so a light sweater is also recommended
• Regretably, guests with wheelchairs, or any impairments requiring special assistance, cannot be accommodated. Strollers and/or baby carriages are also not permitted
• Tours operate in small groups of 23 people or fewer