Paris: Mysteries of the Opera Garnier After Hours TourProduct ID: 42092
From £17 per personBook now
- Uncover the architectural masterpiece of the Opera Garnier at night
- See rich decorations of gold, marble and more
- Learn about the Opera Garnier's fabled performances and young architect
- Climb up the double stairway of the Grand Escalier
- Marvel at the splendid paintings and sculptures of a Paris jewel
Boasting an ostentatious Baroque design, the Opera Garnier is one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Discover flamboyant works of art as you follow in the footsteps of fashionable 19th-century French society.
Inaugurated in 1875, the Opera Garnier is the largest opera house in Europe. Your guide will take you to the Rotonde des Abonnes (Members’ Rotunda), once used as the formal welcome area for guests. Architect Charles Garnier’s unique signature will be pointed out among the magnificent arabesques, before you move on to explore the building's galaxy of riches.
Lose yourself in its silent corridors, be amazed by its rich architecture, and marvel at the opulent decor. The disconcerting Pythonisse will greet you before you take the majestic Grand Escalier to the auditorium, lounges, and foyers.
Imagine the swish of crinolines as you stroll through vast rooms filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns, and gold-leaf flourishes. Throughout, expert guides from the Opera de Paris point out the paintings and sculptures that make the Opera Garnier one of the world’s most impressive working theaters.
- English or French-speaking tour of the Opera Garnier's public areas, including the Rotunda, Grand Escalier, Grand Foyer, Auditorium and lounges
- Entrance ticket
- Backstage tour of the Opera Garnier
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Access to the spectacle
Meet your guide in front of the Guided Tours counter inside the Opera Garnier. The entrance for the guided tours is located at the corner of Rue Scribe and Rue Auber, behind the statue of Charles Garnier (Open in Google Maps)
• For artistic or technical reasons, the itinerary may be modified on the day of the tour by the Opera Garnier without the right to a refund or the possibility to reschedule the tour to another date
• This tour does not include backstage access to the Opera Garnier
• The tour is not available to children below the age of 5
Product ID: 42092