Paris: Musée d’Orsay and Notre Dame Combo Full-Day Tour
From £60 per personBook now
- Learn how the French Impressionists transformed the art world at the Orsay Museum
- Go inside the spectacular gothic Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral
- Wander the medieval streets of the Ile de la Cité
- Discover the heart and very origins of Paris on an island in the Seine
- Admire paintings by Van Gogh, Degas, Monet, Manet and more
Start the day looking at the world’s largest collection of impressionist paintings, inside the Musée d’Orsay. Skip the long lines to access a world of paintings by legends such as Van Gogh, Monet, Degas, Cezanne, Renoir and Toulouse Lautrec. Learn about their lives and the changing society they lived in, and how they transformed the art world.
Break for lunch on your own. Your guide can make recommendations if you need them. Then, take a picturesque walk along the banks of the River Seine to re-group on the Ile de la Cité.
Spend the afternoon where Paris was founded, wandering the narrow streets of the Ile de la Cité to see the flower market and Conciergerie, the last place of residence for Marie Antoinette. Continue to the Notre Dame cathedral to admire a masterpiece of Gothic architecture that took almost 200 years to build.
After an explanation of the exterior, your guide will take you inside to see the spectacular stained glass windows from the 13th century.
- Guided tour of the Musée d’Orsay
- Guided tour of the Ile de la Cité and Notre Dame
- Skip-the-line access and reservation fees to the Musée d’Orsay
- Headsets (when appropriate) to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transfers between tours
- Food and drinks
Meet your guide at 09:30 in the courtyard and front entrance of the Musée d'Orsay. Your guide will be waiting at the foot of the large statue of an elephant (GPS Coordinates: 48.860556, 2.325278). For the afternoon tour, meet your guide at 14:00 at the statue of Henri IV in the middle of Pont Neuf, at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of the river. The statue is of a man on a horse in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite (4). GPS Coordinates: 48.857132, 2.340991 (Open in Google Maps)
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes
• With regret, the tour is not suitable for those in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance
• Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated
• Entrance to religious sites is subject to a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered at all times (men and women). The operator cannot be held responsible for any refused entry due to improper dress
• Large bags and backpacks are not permitted in the museum
• Please note that the Notre Dame is sometimes closed at the last minute for religious services and events. Customers will be offered a free rebooking of the tour, or full refund
Product ID: 50061