Get a comprehensive overview of Paris on an 8-hour walking tour, and discover the highlights of the French Capital, including the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame de Paris, and Latin Quarter. Take the Metro to Montmartre, and more.
What to Expect
See the best of Paris on a comprehensive, full-day walking tour, and discover all the main monuments and neighborhoods with a local guide.
Ideal for those with a long layover, or on a short break, the all-encompassing experience starts with an unrivalled view straight down to the Eiffel Tower from the Place du Trocadero. Learn the history of the icon of Paris, before going to Napoleon’s triumphant Arc de Triomphe at the end of the Champs Elysées.
Take the Metro to Montmartre to explore the former home of the city’s artistic community. Walk the cobblestone streets, following in the footsteps of Dali, Picasso and other creative men. Marvel at the white wedding-cake façade of the Sacré Coeur, before breaking for lunch (own expense). Choose from a selection of French bistrot fare, crêpes, or even a pizza; whatever your group prefers.
Catch the Metro back down to Place de la Concorde and the Tuileries Gardens. Enter the courtyard of the Louvre Palace, and hear captivating stories of its former residents. Continue into the enchanting Marias district to find boutique shops, restaurants, and bars. Go to Place des Vosges, where the writer Victor Hugo once lived.
Cross the Seine River to the Ile-Saint-Louis, and enjoy some of the best ice cream in Paris on the tranquil island in the city center. Next, marvel at the Gothic splendor of the Notre Dame Cathedral. End in the historic Latin Quarter, renowned for its literary past.
Along the way, discover some of the hidden treasures of Paris, and get a deeper perspective on Parisian life.
- Metro tickets for Montmartre, and from Montmartre to central Paris (accompanied by your guide)
- A complimentary mid-afternoon drink in a traditional Parisian café
- Local, English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Lunch in Montmartre
- Any other transportation services
Know Before You Go
• Please be aware that this tour involves a substantial amount of walking throughout the day, including steep inclines and long staircases in Montmartre. This tour may not be suitable for visitors with reduced mobility. Depending on the pace of your group and other time constraints, your guide may need to slightly alter the above itinerary