Music lovers and architecture buffs will enjoy this unique behind-the-scenes visit to the Philharmonie de Paris and the Cité de la Musique. See a stage graced by world-famous performers and explore the collections of instruments and art in the museum.
What to Expect
Whether you’re a fan of music, passionate about architecture or simply curious about the Philharmonie de Paris, you’ll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes in this brand new building (2015) dedicated to music!
On this 1 hour 45 minute guided tour you’ll explore the wonderful architecture of this major music venue, conceived and built by renowned French architects Jean Nouvel and Christian de Portzamparc.
The Philharmonie was designed as an arts-and-living place completely integrated in the green area of Parc de la Villette. On this tour you’ll be able to enter by the stage door of the Cité de la Musique and visit the famous concert hall, where major classical music artists perform.
Visit the Music Museum, where more than 1,000 instruments and work of arts from different periods are exhibited.
Go backstage at this impressive construction as your guide tells you about its secrets. Rehearsal rooms and studios will be opened to you so you can experience the backstage life of an artist.
Tour the Grande Salle and admire its unique beauty. Thanks to the design, it can accommodate up to 2,400 people for concerts.
- Admission ticket (with exclusive access during the tour to areas closed to the general public)
- Guided tour in French or English (depending on option chosen)
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Meet your guide in front of the Cité de la Musique building, facing the Lions Fountain.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Latecomers cannot be compensated with a rescheduling of the tour or a refund
• Access to some areas (including the Grand Salle) are subject to the plans of the orchestra and technical teams of the Philharmonie. Access, therefore, cannot be guaranteed
• This tour is not available to children under 5 years of age
• Cancelation policy:
At least 2 days before the date of the visit, a 100 percent refund will be issued
Less than 2 days before the date of the visit, no refund is possible