Learn about the history, music, physical expression, dance, self-defense, and even a new language through Capoeira. Immerse yourself in Afro-Brazilian culture and learn to understand Capoeira as a symbol of resistance and freedom.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- English, Spanish, Portuguese
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Largo do Rozário - Centro Histórico, Paraty - RJ, 23970-000 Meet your Capoeira teacher in the heart of picturesque Paraty, on "Our Lady of the Rosary and Saint Benedict church". Behind the church, there is a grassy, tree-lined plaza where the meeting for the workshop will take place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- No previous experience with martial arts, music or dance is required
- The workshop can be adjusted to any skill level
- The workshop is given in a single language. There will be no simultaneous translations
- The workshop will take place even in low rain. In case of sudden strong rain, the workshop will be canceled and an alternative date or refund will be offered
- Traditional Capoeira instruments like berimbaus, pandeiros and drums will be available during the workshop.