Explore magnificent Joshua Tree National Park with a naturalist guide. Hike to the Desert Queen Mine, view ancient petroglyphs near Barker Dam, enjoy the majestic rock formation in Hidden Valley, and take in the views from the Key's View Overlook.
What to Expect
Enjoy an amazing 3-6 hour excursion to the newest park in the National Park system on this eco trip to Joshua Tree National Park by Jeep.The tour provides an in-depth overview of the diverse history of the area, and the formation of the Park from a naturalist guide.
Learn about the plants and animals of the high desert, and witness incredible geological forces at work as you admire amazing rock formations. Your first stop will be for a short guided hike to the Desert Queen Mine, one of many gold mines located throughout the Park.
Back on board the Jeep, venture off road on your way to Barker Dam, with a short side trip to view ancient petroglyphs. Next, hike the Hidden Valley loop, which features a jaw-dropping photographic wonderland of magnificent rocks.
Then, it’s on to the spectacular Key’s View Overlook, with its stunning 5,185-foot viewpoint, providing vistas all the way to Mexico on a clear day. On your return journey, you will stop at the aptly-named Skull Rock to take souvenir snaps of the eroded rock.
- Narrated eco-tour with an expert naturalist guide
- Guided hikes (geared to the abilities of the guests in the jeep)
- Granola snack and bottled water
- Picnic Lunch
- Admission to the Joshua Tree National Park
What's Not Included
- Guide gratuities (optional, but appreciated)
Know Before You Go
• Minimum age: 5 years
• Parents of children less than 8 years of age who are less than 4' 9" tall must provide a car safety seat for their child, per California Law
• Wear closed-toe shoes with rubber soles (such as tennis shoes or hiking boots). Sandals and shoes with high heels are not recommended
• Wear comfortable clothing - dress in layers as desert temperatures can change quickly. In the cooler months (November through March), bring a sweater or jacket
• Bring a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen before the tour
• Don't forget your camera or video camera
• Advance reservations are required for this excursion
• Cancellation Policy: 48-hours advance notice is required for cancellation (with 5% service charge). No refund for tours cancelled within 48 hours