Marvel at Australia’s World Heritage Rainforest on a round-trip Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience. Travel in a comfortable 6-person gondola, stop for a guided boardwalk tour and visit the Rainforest Interpretation Centre on this half-day program.
What to Expect
The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway takes you on an unforgettable journey over and through Australia's World Heritage-listed tropical rainforest in the Barron Gorge National Park.
On this 4.5-hour program you’ll glide just meters above the canopy along a 7.5-kilometer span in a comfortable 6-person gondola. Take in views of tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and lush Cairns Highlands.
You’ll stop at Red Peak Station for a guided boardwalk tour with a Skyrail Ranger, to learn about the ancient tropical forests.
You’ll also make a stop at Barron Falls Station, where you’ll find pathways and lookouts over the Barron Gorge and Falls, historical displays and a Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Developed in conjunction with CSIRO, the Interpretation Centre features interactive touch-screen computers that provide an engaging and fun learning experience for people of all ages.
Multiple winner of the Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is The World's Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. It is located just 15 minutes from Cairns city center and 50 minutes from Port Douglas.
- Round-trip Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience visiting the World Heritage Rainforest
- Rainforest boardwalks and interpretive signage
- Guided ranger tour at Red Peak Station
- Entry to the Rainforest Interpretation Centre at Barron Falls Station
- Lookouts and historical displays at Barron Falls Station
- Trip guides in 11 languages
- Free WiFi at Smithfield, Kuranda and Barron Falls terminals and stations
What's Not Included
- Transfers to and from the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield Terminal
- Upgrades to other travel classes
- Any retail or Canopy Cafe purchases
Know Before You Go
Please be advised that you must travel on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway at your pre-booked departure time. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway has pre-set times at which guests travel on their itineraries. Once your Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience has been ticketed changes cannot be made.
Note that Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is closed on 25 December 2016.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is closed for planned preventative maintenance on 24, 25 and 26 March 2017.