Combine a memorable Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience with a ride on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. You’ll visit the village of Kuranda in the rainforest on a self-drive tour and return to the Skyrail Smithfield Terminal on a 1-way transfer.
What to Expect
Multiple winner of the Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is The World's Most Beautiful Rainforest Experience. It is located just 15 minutes from Cairns city center and 50 minutes from Port Douglas. This 1-day program includes the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience and the Kuranda Scenic Railway Self-Drive tour.
Enjoy an unforgettable journey on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway that takes you over and through Australia's World Heritage-listed tropical rainforest in the Barron Gorge National Park.
Glide just meters above the canopy along a 7.5-kilometer span in a comfortable 6-person gondola. Take in views of tropical Cairns, the Coral Sea and lush Cairns Highlands.
You’ll stop at Red Peak Station for a guided boardwalk tour with a Skyrail Ranger, to learn about the ancient tropical forests. You’ll also make a stop at Barron Falls Station, where you’ll find pathways and lookouts over the Barron Gorge and Falls, historical displays and a Rainforest Interpretation Centre. Developed in conjunction with CSIRO, the Interpretation Centre features interactive touch-screen computers that provide an engaging and fun learning experience for people of all ages.
Combine your journey with a trip on the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Built over 120 years ago, this historic train winds its way through the mountains between Kuranda and Freshwater Station. Enjoy scenic views of mountains rising from sea level to 328 meters, spectacular waterfalls and the stunning Barron Gorge. The journey includes English commentary and a commentary companion guide with information on the history of the railway’s construction, a trip map and a map of Kuranda.
This package includes a 1-way transfer from the Freshwater Railway Station back to your vehicle at the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield Terminal where you began the day.
- Round-trip Skyrail Rainforest Cableway experience visiting the World Heritage Rainforest
- Rainforest boardwalks and interpretive signage
- Guided ranger tour at Red Peak Station
- Entry to the Rainforest Interpretation Centre at Barron Falls Station
- Lookouts and historical displays at Barron Falls Station
- Trip guides in 11 languages
- Free WiFi at Smithfield, Kuranda and Barron Falls terminals and stations
- Kuranda Scenic Railway journey (including English commentary, a companion guide with information on the history of the railway’s construction and a trip map)
- 1-way transfer from Freshwater Railway Station to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield Terminal
What's Not Included
- Transfers to and from the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Smithfield Terminal
- Any retail or Canopy Cafe purchases
Know Before You Go
Please be advised that you must travel on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Kuranda Scenic Railway and booked transfers at your pre-booked departure time. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway has pre-set times at which guests travel on their itineraries. Once your Skyrail Rainforest Cableway & Kuranda Scenic Railway Self-Drive experience has been ticketed changes cannot be made.
Note that Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Railway are closed on 25 December 2016.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is closed for planned preventative maintenance on 24, 25 and 26 March 2017.
Kuranda Scenic Railway is closed for planned preventative maintenance on 17 and 18 October 2016, 17 and 18 November 2016 and 01 and 02 December 2016.