Discover the treasures of Palermo on a guided walking tour. You’ll visit all the major attractions of the city, including its historic market, the Norman cathedral, the gardens of Villa Bonanno, the ancient ruins, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy historic Palermo on a half-day walking tour. You’ll visit the heart of U Capu, the city marketplace, where history, tradition, and street foods blend with the faces and voices of the city’s people. You’ll see the newly restored Baroque Church of the Immaculate Conception here.
Passing through the old city’s alleyways you’ll arrive at the Norman cathedral housing the tomb of Frederick II of Swabia and the silver Vara of Santa Rosalia. Admire the gardens of Villa Bonanno and the ancient ruins of the Paleopolis.
Visit the Royal Palace which houses 3,000 years of historical treasures. See the splendid mosaics of the Palatine Chapel, where Arabs, Byzantines, and Normans shared their knowledge, esoteric secrets, habits, and lives.
Walking along the ancient fortifications you’ll come upon St. John of the Hermits, a beautiful Arab-Norman building, with its unique domes. Discover medieval quarters, Spanish façades, and the courtyards of historic mansions.
Finally you’ll arrive at the Four Corners, and a new cultural experience, at the traditional center of the city.
Note that this walking tour of Palermo is offered on Wednesday and Saturday morning, beginning at 09:30.
- Headset (for groups over 10)
- Guide in English (other languages available on request)
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Entry fees
Know Before You Go
The tour is available year-round, with the following exceptions:
15 August, 1 November, 8 December, 25 and 26 December, 1 January, 1 April, 25 April, 1 May, 2 June
Tours cancelled without due notice are subjected to a cancellation fee according to the following schedule:
• Cancellation more than 7 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 5 percent cancellation fee
• Cancellation between 7 and 4 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 20 percent cancellation fee
• Cancellation within 3 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 100 percent cancellation fee (no refund)
• Cancellation on the day of the service or after: You will be charged a 100 percent cancellation fee (no refund)