Enjoy a delightful walk around the streets of Palermo’s old town, admiring its landmarks and monuments, and visiting a variety of markets. Stop to taste a selection of street foods as you learn about local history, culture, and gastronomy.
What to Expect
A walk through the center of Palermo is like visiting an open-air museum, where you’ll experience a range of different architectural styles. During the 3-hour walk that takes you along the old Cassaro, you’ll see the art treasures and beautiful monuments of Palermo.
Browse the street markets that are a true mix of culture, customs, and food traditions. Ballarò and Vucciria markets, for example, are the oldest and most popular in Palermo.
The walk will also provide an opportunity to taste some specialties of Palermo. Some of the particular tastes of street food you might enjoy include sfincione (dough topped with onion, cheese, bread crumbs, tomato, and oregano), meusa (bovine spleen), panelle (fried chickpea flour), crocché (potato croquettes), arancine (rice croquettes stuffed with meat or butter), and cakes.
- 4 street food tastings
- Dessert tasting (cannoli, granita, or ice cream)
- 1 drink (a beer, a glass of wine, or a bottle of water)
- Tour guide
What's Not Included
- Museum admission fees
Piazza Verdi or in front of the IBIS Hotel, 100 meters just outside the port (for cruise ship passengers).
What to Remember
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• You should bring sunglasses, a hat, and a small bottle of water in the summertime
• Please contact the supplier if you would like the tour to start at an alternate time, or for any other requests