Explore Palermo on a half-day guided walking tour. See the catholic church of St. Francis of Assisi and its treasures dating from 1300. Follow the footsteps of the Holy Inquisition from Marina Square. Entry to major monuments is included.
What to Expect
Your half-day tour of Palermo begins in the afternoon at the city’s Four Corners, or Quattro Canti in Italian, and finishes up near the seafront.
Visit the famous Pretorian Fountain, also known as the Fountain of Shame–the setting for some popular stories. You’ll see the Piazza Bellini and the impressive tower of San Cataldo of the Order of the Knights of Malta in the 12th century. Cross the tiny streets of the corporations of Palermo artisans to reach the church of St. Francis of Assisi, housing treasures from the early 14th century to the Baroque period.
Moving on, you’ll explore the richest and yet the darkest centuries of Sicilian history. You’ll see the social criticism evident in Serpotta’s stuccos at the Oratory of San Lorenzo, see the terraces where the movie The Leopard was filmed, and then see the furnishings, collections and stables of Palazzo Mirto.
In the shade of the ancient ficus magnolioides of Marina Square you’re in for another surprise as you follow the footsteps of the Holy Inquisition. The walking tour ends in the old port district of La Cala where you’ll stop for a treat and enjoy traditional Sicilian cannoli and gelati.
The tour is conducted on Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 15:00.
- Guide in English (other languages available on request)
- Headset (for groups of 10 or more)
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
The tour is available year-round, with the following exceptions:
15 August, 1 November, 8 December, 25 and 26 December, 1 January, 1 April, 25 April, 1 May, 2 June
Tours cancelled without due notice are subjected to a cancellation fee according to the following schedule:
• Cancellation more than 7 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 5 percent cancellation fee
• Cancellation between 7 and 4 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 20 percent cancellation fee
• Cancellation within 3 calendar days before the service begins: You will be charged a 100 percent cancellation fee (no refund)
• Cancellation on the day of the service or after: You will be charged a 100 percent cancellation fee (no refund)