3-Hour Guided Versailles Palace & Gardens
From £42 per personBook now
- Stroll through the famous Gardens of Versailles over 1,800 acres in size
- Save time with skip-the-line access and take the hassle out of your Versailles visit
- See the most important rooms of the Palace of Versailles with an expert guide
You’ll meet your English-speaking expert guide in Versailles, where you’ll begin your tour. With a maximum of 20 persons per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unhurried, and enjoyable. You will skip-the-line via a pre-booked entrance to Versailles and your guide will lead you from one marvelous room to the next, pointing out where Louis XIV tormented his friends and family with long, boring ceremonies and where Marie Antoinette ate her cake.
Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the largest and most beautiful castles in the world, with a whopping 700 rooms. Peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1250 fireplaces as you work your way through the highlights of the castle including the King and Queen’s apartments, the chapel, the coronation room, the Hall of Mirrors, and the Salon of Abundance – how many residences can boast one of those? The list of rooms your guide will show you goes on and on, each one an entirely different and unique experience from the Peace Room to the Queen’s bedchamber. And just when you think you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling manicured gardens, over 1,800 acres in size.
On Thursdays, you’ll have a tour of the gardens and some free time to wander or choose a tour date when either the famous Versailles Fountain Show or Musical Gardens are running (all days except Thursday). The ticket to the show will be included in your tour price. The Versailles Fountain Show is a wonderful musical event held in the exclusive groves designed by André Le Nôtre. Watch the fountains explode to the sounds of a cello at the Fountain Show or just be enchanted by the simple beauty of the classical music played in beautiful surroundings during the Musical Gardens event.
Take some more time to experience the gardens on your own, wandering through the beautiful olive groves and lawns. If you’re in a rush, hop on the next train back to the city. As the train chugs along, you’ll have time to reflect on a day of pure indulgence and to slowly drag yourself back through the centuries to modern day Paris.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups (maximum 20 persons)
- Entrance tickets and reservation fee for the Palace of Versailles
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off from Paris
- Food/ beverages
Meet your guide by the statue of Louis XIV (the bronze horseman statue in the Place d’Armes, the square in front of the palace). // Arriving by train: Take the RER C to Versailles Château Rive Gauche. On exiting the station, follow the signs for the Palace of the Versailles. The statue is directly in front of the palace. // GPS coordinates: 48.803383, 2.125610.
• This service ends at the Palace of Versailles at around 12:30 or 5:30pm
• Comfortable shoes are recommended as this tour involves a fair amount of walking
• Guests with wheelchairs, strollers, baby carriages or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour
• Photography is permitted throughout the tour (no flash inside the palace)
• From 1 April, the length of the tour is 3.5 hours and the group size increases to 25 people max
Product ID: 71887