Taste Oslo is a new guided walking tour that aims to let you experience Oslo like a local, and sample traditional Norwegian dishes, snacks and drinks. The tour guides take you to local sights and gems that are hard to come by on your own.
What to Expect
Embark on a guided walking tour of the Norwegian capital as you stuff your face with tasty food samples and knock back a few craft brews. Stroll through the city's impressive market, lined with colorful vendors, and visit local establishments where you can enjoy the best of Oslo's vibrant scene.
Meet your guide in front of the Royal Palace and make your way to the market, taking in the rich smells that waft from more than 36 international culinary options. Next, head to a cocktail bar and distillery, where you can savor some akvavit, a famed Scandinavian spirit that has a distinct flavor due to the spices and herbs it's made from.
Follow your guide to an authentic restaurant in the heart of the city as you walk down bustling streets and learn about Oslo's storied history. Sit down at a comfortable table and try samples of tørrfisk, dried fish that is considered a Norwegian specialty. The desserts in particular are spectacular, as you taste the sweet Norwegian apple cake and the krumkake, a savory waffle-like cake that is sure to delight.
Stop by some of the best bars in the city and try a variety of Norwegian craft beers as your guide informs you of helpful tips, before leaving you to enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
- Walking tour (Max 15 people)
- Food (Dinner)
- Drinks ( Beer,Aquavit & Water)
- Snacks & desserts
- Entrance to the Aquavit distillery
- Discount on a breakfast buffet ( the day after the tour)
- Photos of tour on Facebook
What's Not Included
- Extra drinks
- Umbrellas or Sun cream
Know Before You Go
• This tour is a walking tour around the old and new city. Is a 3-4 km walk including stops.
• It is recommended to bring comfy shoes and adequate clothes for the present weather.
• The tour will go no matter the weather conditions are, so it is recommended to bring warm-comfy clothes & good shoes to have a 3-4 km walk. In case the tour gets cancel by external reasons, you will get the choice of changing the tour to another date.
• This tour operates 13:25 to 17:30 on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday