Enjoy a relaxing 3.5-hour boat trip through the beautiful Ria Formosa Nature Park from the marina of Olhão, and discover the region's impressive biodiversity as you cruise through its stunning coastal lagoons and visit the fascinating Culatra Island.
What to Expect
Embark on a beautiful and relaxing 3.5-hour boat trip from the city of Olhão through the stunning scenery of Ria Formosa Nature Park.
Depart from Olhão marina and cruise down the calm waters in a comfortable boat with sun shade. Float through the stunning coastal lagoons and listen to your knowledgeable skipper as they provide insight into the history of the city of Olhão and the natural ecosystem of the Ria Formosa.
Float past Aromona Island, observing the typical vegetation of this beautiful marshland area, classified as one of the most important wetland for birds in all of Portugal, and then continue the boat trip to Culatra Island, one of the most important fishing communities in the Eastern Algarve.
Marvel at the oyster pickers and shellfish farmers working on the tidal flats of the lagoon and enjoy a short stop in the village to listen to the wonderful tales of the locals. During the summer months, you may even refresh yourself on a wonderful sand bank before slowly cruising back to the city Olhão, enjoying spectacular views of the approaching city on the way.
- 3.5-hour boat trip
- Maps and field guides
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Please remember to:
• Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes suitable for a boat trip
• Bring a wind-stopper and a waterproof coat, especially during the autumn and winter
• Bring a bathing suit and a towel, especially during the spring and summer
• Bring a rucksack or backpack to carry a small snack, sunglasses, hat, camera, and a good sun cream
• Bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration