New York: Statue of Liberty and 9/11 Memorial Tour
From £91 per personBook now
- Take an early ferry to Liberty Island for a tour of the Statue of Liberty before the crowds arrive
- Visit the 9/11 Memorial and surrounding areas
- Follow in the footsteps of the 12 million immigrants who passed through Ellis Island
- Pause for reflection at the 2 Memorial Pools
- See artifacts salvaged from the wreckage in the 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Learn how the 9/11 attacks impacted New Yorkers from a very personal perspective
Meet your guide in Battery Park for priority boarding on the ferry to Liberty Island to get the best seats. Once docked, enjoy special access to the statue pedestal for a closer look at “Lady Liberty” than you get on a regular visit.
Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island, and follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants to learn the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.”
You are free to stay on Ellis Island to explore at leisure, or cross back to Lower Manhattan with your guide. There will be a gap of 2.5-3 hours before the next leg of your tour, allowing plenty of time for lunch (own expense).
Re-group at St. Paul’s Chapel in the afternoon for a comprehensive tour of the 9/11 Memorial site. Get a full picture of what happened on 11 September 2001 from a local perspective, and hear how it impacted the community and the rest of the world, as well as how the city got back on its feet.
Learn how people gathered at St. Paul’s Chapel to await news of their loved ones, mourn, pray and offer support. See poignant handmade memorials that are a constant reminder that 9/11 was a crippling personal tragedy for thousands of New Yorkers, as well as a global event.
Next, go to Brookfield Place (previously known as the World Financial Center) to learn about the massive economic effects of the 9/11 attacks. See the Eleven Tears Memorial that commemorates the 11 American Express employees who died. Pause for reflection at the beautiful Winter Garden atrium.
Continue to the official 9/11 Memorial and Memorial Pools, built in the footprints of the 2 towers, and inscribed with the names of the victims. Go to the Fireman’s Memorial to learn of the courage of those who worked around the clock to save victims, often at the cost of their own lives.
Gaze in wonder at the Survivor Tree, another poignant site you may have missed on your own. Local guides will be on hand to make sure you don’t miss a beat. End with a self-guided tour of the 9/11 Memorial Museum with a pre-reserved ticket that allows you time and space for your own emotions. Look at artifacts salvaged from the attack, and read of harrowing personal stories.
- Reserved timed-entrance tickets to the 9/11 Memorial Museum (self-guided)
- Fully guided tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum
- Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Morning Tour: Meet your guide at the front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place (to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton). You will be left on Ellis Island at the end of the tour (return tickets provided), and are responsible for making your own way to the afternoon tour meeting point. Afternoon Tour: Meet outside St. Paul's Chapel, 209 Broadway, between Fulton Street and Vesey Street. It's within walking distance of Battery Park, or can be reached on the subway to "Fulton Street" (Lines 2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, J or Z)
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty and the 9/11 Memorial. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned
• Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of USD 2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers
• The guided portion of your tour ends in time for your reserved timed entry at the 9/11 Memorial Museum, where you will be free to visit the museum at leisure for as much time as you wish. Please note the average length of a visit to the 9/11 Museum is 2 hours
Product ID: 51629