Visit 2 of New York’s most iconic locations on an informative guided tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, where immigrants were processed as they arrived to start a new life in America. Benefit from the chance to trace your own family history.
What to Expect
Meet your guide at 09:30 at Castle Clinton on the southern tip of Manhattan, and then enjoy priority boarding to climb aboard the ferry to Liberty Island without waiting in line.
Upon arrival at the Statue of Liberty, take a guided tour of the museum. See the original torches, along with rare memorabilia. Look at the plaque with "The New Colossus" poem that was at the base of the statue from 1903 until the 1980s. Take in the sights of the New York skyline from the observation deck.
Then, cross by ferry to Ellis Island to explore the fascinating history of America's peak immigration years. Visit the Great Hall and learn about the process of going through Ellis Island as a newly arrived immigrant. Listen to personal stories and see family photos from the period. Trace your own family history. Break for lunch at your own expense and then continue your visit on your own. Stay as long as you want before returning to Manhattan.
- Priority access to board the ferry and save time at departure
- Entrance fees to the Pedestal Museum at Liberty Island and the museum at Ellis Island
- Round-trip ferry ticket
What's Not Included
- Access to the crown at the Statue of Liberty
- Lockers for large items on Liberty Island (available for $2.00)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The guided portion of the tour is 3.5 - 4 hours (subject to ferry schedule). However, to fully experience Ellis Island it is suggested you spend an additional hour on the island before returning to Manhattan
• A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear appropriate shoes
• The pedestal at the Statue of Liberty is not wheelchair accessible
• If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Backpacks, strollers and other large items are not permitted in the pedestal of the statue. Lockers are available for $2.00, payable in cash only
• Photography is permitted, however monopods or tripods are not
• No food or drink (other than bottled water)
• No weapons of any kind are permitted at the statue. There is nowhere to check these items before going through security
• The tour departs promptly. If you are late, you will not be able to catch up and will miss the tour without refund