Amtrak down from New York to Washington DC and enjoy a hop on hop off tour, which will take you and plenty of free time to explore on your own. Train fare, the bus tour and a 2-course lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe are all included.
What to Expect
Make your way to Pennsylvania Station in New York City for a rail trip to Washington. Take a seat on Amtrak's rail cars with a hot beverage and a book and relax. By late morning you'll be in Union Station in Washington DC, ready for a wonderful day of shopping, sightseeing and dining.
If you're hungry, have a bite at the station or make your way over to Hard Rock Cafe for your included Priority Seating 2-course lunch. Otherwise, do lunch later, grab a muffin at the station and right outside is your double-decker bus waiting to take you on a wonderful tour of what makes Washington such an important city.
Hop-on and off at any of the stops to enjoy the multitude of museums and monuments in the US capital. Visit the National Archives, containing a signed Declaration of Independence, or any of the many Smithsonian Museums including the National Air and Space Museum or the National Museum of Natural History. Check out Madame Tussauds, the National Holocaust Museum, the International Spy Museum and more. The list is endless!
For history buffs, visit Arlington National cemetery, Vietnam Memorial or Ford's Theater, the theater where President Lincoln was assassinated. Save some time to return in the late afternoon to Union Station and walk around to view this magnificent 1908 station saved from demolition in the 1980s.
After a day of Washington DC sightseeing, board an Amtrak train for a return back to New York City in the evening.
- Round-trip rail tickets
- Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour
- Lunch with VIP seating at Hard Rock Cafe
What's Not Included
- Admissions (other than stated)
- Transportation (other than stated)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel
• In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• A small amount of walking is involved
• All travelers must bring a government issued photo ID or passport
• This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately