Ascend to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building and enjoy magnificent views of New York City. Download an audio guide app to watch videos and more. Upgrade to the 102nd Observatory to see the skyscrapers of New York from above.
What to Expect
Make your way to the Empire State Building on 5th Avenue New York City and soar up to the Observation Deck on the 86th floor. Marvel at the views of the city more than a quarter of a mile above ground. Look across at the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and more. You can even check out New York City's glittering skyline at midnight: the Empire State Building's Observatory on the 102nd floor is open until the early hours. Tickets to the Observatory can be purchased on arrival.
The 86th floor Observation Deck of the Empire State Building has a glass-enclosed pavilion and an unforgettable open-air promenade. Enjoy 360-degree views of the "Big Apple" and relive cinematic moments from movies such as "King Kong" and "Sleepless in Seattle."
Your entrance also includes a new multimedia experience, available in 8 languages. Travel through the building with your audio and visual companion and see the newly-restored Art Deco lobby and murals. Explore 4 educational areas, including the historical "Dare to Dream" exhibit and "Sustainability" exhibition. Learn how the building was constructed. Get a complete experience with the app's videos, image galleries, quizzes and maps showing points of interest.
- Access to the 86th floor Observation Deck of the Empire State Building
- Audio guide (app download)
What's Not Included
- High-power binoculars (available on the promenades for a minimal cost)
Empire State Building, 350 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10118. Enter through the main entrance on 5th Avenue.
What to Remember
• The Empire State Building is open daily from 08:00 - 02:00 (last entrance at 01:15). Peak entrance times are between 11:00 and 14:00, as well as 1 hour before and 1 hour after sunset.
• Tickets are non-refundable once purchased, but are valid for 2 years from the date on the ticket
• Please note that all guests must pass through the security line to access the Observatory
• An upgrade to the Observatory on the 102nd floor is available at the Observatory ticket office (second floor) or at the 86th floor kiosk
• The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible. Service dogs and motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted