Enjoy views of New York on a 3.5-hour early access tour of the Statue of Liberty. Take one of the 1st ferries to Liberty Island, and climb to the pedestal of “Lady Liberty.” Then, enjoy a guided tour of Ellis Island Immigration Center museum.
What to Expect
Learn the history of one of New York’s most iconic monuments on an half-day early access tour of the Statue of Liberty.
Meet your guide for a little context of the sites around Battery Park. See memorials that many tourists miss, and hear stories about Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then, take the ferry to Liberty Island, enjoying priority boarding to get the best seats. Arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds for stunning views back over the city. Follow your guide up to the pedestal, getting closer to “Lady Liberty” than on a regular visit.
Learn how she was gifted to the US by France, and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel. Hear how she wasn’t as warmly received as you might think, and about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her special to the people of New York.
Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island. Follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, and learn about the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.” Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays.
Feel free to stay on Ellis Island a little longer to explore at leisure, or head back to the mainland with your guide by ferry.
- Local guide
- Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum
- Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty
What's Not Included
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet at the front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items
• Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of USD 2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers