4-Day Tour of America from New York CityProduct ID: 9109
From £559 per personBook now
- Walk through Watkins Glen Canyon
- Tour the American Side of the Falls including the American Falls, Goat Island and Sister Island
- Experience the power aboard the Maid of the Mist (May-October)
- See the Capitol Hill,Senate and White House an learn about the core of the US government
- Visit the Arlington National Cemetery and see the changing of the guards
- Tour the Air and Space Musuem
- Find bargains on your trip to the outlet mall
- Visit Philadelphia, the historical Liberty bell and the famous Rocky steps
- Take an Amish buggy ride in Lancaster PA and learn about the Amish life style, culture and religion
Day 1: Monday
Your morning departure from the Big Apple takes you north where you will pass the beautiful Delaware Gap to Watkins Glen State Park in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. Walk through Watkins Glen Canyon to visit the beautiful waterfalls and then continue to Niagara Falls passing Seneca Lake, arriving in the late afternoon.
Tour the American Side of the Falls including the American Falls, Goat Island and Sister Island. At night tour Niagara Falls where you will marvel at the colorful lighting of the waters.
Overnight: Niagara Falls - Wyndham Super 8
Day 2: Tuesday
As you depart the hotel, hear the thundering water of Niagara Falls. See the falls up close from Horseshoe Falls and experience the power of the current aboard the Maid of the Mist (May-October). From November through April you will tour the scenic tunnels on the Journey Behind the Falls. At noon depart south to New-York State.
On the way to New York, enjoy a shopping excursion at one of the large outlet malls along the way, where you can hunt for bargains at their brand name stores.
Overnight New Jersey - La Quinta Inns & Suites - Fairfield
Day 3: Wednesday
NEW-JERSEY – PHILADELPHIA – WASHINGTON DC
Depart New Jersey to Pennsylvania and to the city of brotherly love Philadelphia. Upon arrival embark on a panoramic tour that includes, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Elfert Alley (The oldest inhabited street in America) and more. Arriving in the Historic area of Philadelphia you will visit the famous Liberty Bell, and Constitution square and Constitution Hall, one of the symbols of freedom in America.
Departing Philadelphia, see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue south passing through the states of Delaware and Maryland before arriving directly on Capitol Hill. See the Capitol, Senate and White House to understand the core of the US government. Continue to the Air and Space Museum before visiting the Lincoln, Washington, Korea and Vietnam Memorials.
Overnight: Howard Johnson Cheverly
Day 4: Thursday
WASHINGTON DC – AMISH COUNTRY – NEW YORK
Start the day with a visit to Arlington National Cemetery the changing of the guards and the Kennedy family gravesite.
Next, visit the US Mint (US Mint in Philadelphia on Saturday departures only) and learn how the US tries to keep the US Dollar safe from counterfeiters. You will then head north to Lancaster county, home of the Amish people. Start your visit with a ride on an authentic Amish Buggy through the Amish farm country and learn how they live without the benefit of modern technology, no electricity, running water, telephone service, or appliances. After the ride you will visit the Amish marketplace where you can shop for handmade arts crafts and products.
In the late afternoon depart east for an evening arrival in New York.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation
- Hotel taxes
- Air-conditioned van or bus
- Sightseeing at Niagara Falls
- Admission to the Maid of the Mist (summer) or Scenic Tunnels (winter)
- Sightseeing tour of Washington DC
- Air & Space Museum ticket
- Sightseeing in Philadelphia
- Amish Buggy Ride
- US Mint in Philadelphia (Saturday departures only)
- Food and drinks
The Gray Line Visitor Center New York at 07:00 777 8th Ave. Between 47th & 48th street. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 9109