NYC: Vessel at Hudson Yards Flex Pass Admission
- Explore this one-of-a-kind architectural marvel to garner different viewpoints of the Hudson Yards and the Hudson River
- Decide how many of the nearly 2,500 stairs and 80 landings you want to experience, with a total of over 1 mile of stairs
- Take the ultimate Instagram shot featuring the highly reflective copper-clad steps arranged like a jungle gym
- Pre-purchase a Flex Pass to guarantee your 1-time entry at any time of the day
This iconic sculptural landmark was built to plans by the British designer Thomas Heatherwick and manufactured in Italy, before being shipped to New York. 50 feet (15 m) wide at its base, expanding to 150 feet (46 m) at the apex, the monument is comprised of 154 intricately-interconnected flights of stairs. Together they form a cylindrical or vessel-type structure from the outside, partially inspired by ancient Indian stepwells. Vessel’s highly reflective polished copper cladding also gives endless opportunities for Instagramable moments.
While at Hudson Yards, don’t miss the opportunity to experience the myriad of unique restaurants and shops, and visit the highest outdoor observation deck in New York City, Edge.
- Flex Pass entrance to the Vessel
- Elevator to different floors (if required)
Prepare for the activity
• The Vessel is located in Hudson Yards Plaza on the West side of The Shops and Restaurants at Hudson Yards, which can be entered on 10th Avenue. The 7 train exits directly into Hudson Yards Plaza at Hudson Boulevard at 34th Street Hudson Yards. • Your entry date is printed on your ticket • Show your ticket to an Experience Ambassador for entryOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Baby strollers
- Food and drinks
- Luggage or large bags
• Vessel is primarily made up of stairs. Vessel offers an elevator for those who require it for their visit. Please notify Vessel Experience Ambassadors upon arrival or in advance.
• Vessel is an outdoor activity and is open during all normal weather conditions, but Hudson Yards reserve the right to close Vessel during inclement or extreme weather, at their sole discretion. Unless they have determined to close Vessel, tickets will not be exchanged due to weather. If Vessel or a portion of Vessel closes due to severe weather conditions, Experience Ambassadors will be available to provide assistance and information.
• Same day time-specific tickets are also issued onsite for free on a first-come, first-served basis on the day. Tickets are distributed for the next available time slot. Available time slots may be many hours in advance and these free tickets can often run out early in the day