New York City: Helicopter Piloting Experience
- Take the first step toward becoming a helicopter pilot
- Fly over the Westchester area as you take the controls for simple maneuvers like a real pilot
- Choose the passenger option and bring a friend along for the ride
Once airborne, you will have the opportunity to take control of a Robinson R44 helicopter, one of the most popular civilian helicopters in the world. Take in stunning views of Westchester County, the New York/Connecticut coastline, the Hudson River, and the NYC skyline in the distance.
No prior flight training or flying experience is necessary. Please note that flight lessons do not go over NYC. Flights depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, New York, a relaxed, crowd-free location just outside NYC. It’s easily accessed by public transit, Metro-North rail, and by car with free parking available.
- 30 minutes of ground instruction
- 30 minutes of flight time with a certified instructor
- USD 25.00 airport facility fee
Prepare for the activity
67 Tower Road, West Harrison, NY 10604. The meeting point is easily accessible by the Metro-North train from Grand Central to White Plains station, then a quick taxi ride to the airport. The average travel time is 45-60 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• Total flight time is approximately 18-20 minutes including scenic aerial tour.
• Max weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter (500 lbs or 226 kg in R44, 1000 lbs or 453 kg in AS350).
• All helicopters have luggage restrictions. Contact local partner for more information.
• Local partner reserves the right to refuse luggage that does not fit. Excess luggage can be transported by car for an additional fee.
• Max passenger height in R44 6 ft 3 in (192 cm).
• Flights must be confirmed with the local partner at the time of booking.
• Children under 2 may ride on parent’s lap at no cost.
• Under 18s require parental or guardian consent.