Discover the lush southern flora and fauna by airboat as you glide through marshes and secluded bayous. Learn about the fascinating, tragic history of plantation life, and enjoy some genuine southern hospitality - and cuisine - along the way!
What to Expect
Discover Cajun country and learn about the plantation era on this combination airboat tour!
Your day starts with a drive to Cajun Country through wild cypress swamps, along the western shores of Lake Pontchartrain, over the Mississippi River on an impressive suspended bridge, and along vast sugarcane fields as your guide tells the unique story of the Cajun people's odyssey.
A thrilling high-speed ride on a passenger airboat will take your through marshes and deep secluded bayous. Marvel at wild cypress swamps and vast sugarcane fields on this tour with a truly southern flavour.
Discover alligators and other wildlife deep in the swamps, accessible only by airboat.
Stop for lunch and enjoy traditional southern cuisine at Oak Alley Plantation's Cajun Restaurant before visiting a genuine Creole plantation and its historic slave quarters. Learn about the tragic history of four generations of slaves who lived and worked on the plantation.
- Round trip Transportation in a comfortable 13 passenger Tour Van with Professional Driver-Guide
- 2 hour high speed ride in a small Airboat
- Cajun Lunch at Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided Tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided Tour of Laura Plantation & its slave cabins
Know Before You Go
• Menu: House Salad with Vinaigrette dressing, Vegetable Soup, Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice, a flavorful Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffée with White Rice, Home-baked Rolls & Butter, topped off by a scrumptious Bread Pudding & Coffee
• It is recommended to wear sunscreen and glasses for eye protection
• Warm clothing is needed in the winter. Due to the high speed of the boat it will get breezy and cool during the ride
• Children younger than 5 years old are not allowed on this tour
• In case of inclement weather such as hard rain or lighting, the airboat ride may be postponed or the covered bayou boat ride may be substituted when necessary
• Foreign language tour guides and escorts are available for French and Spanish speakers at an additional cost upon request
• This tour requires a minimum of 6 people to run