Encounter the sights and sounds of the world famous French Quarter and historic Jackson Square, home to the Cabildo and Presbytere Museums. This tour is a great way to learn about the history and romance of this magnificent city led by an expert guide.
What to Expect
Journey through 3 centuries of history, legend, and romance as you experience the New Orleans – “the city that care forgot.” This is an exclusive 2-hour guided tour led by a professional guide.
Marvel at stories of voodoo and piracy on Bayou St. John. These are waters that were used by Jean Lafitte and his notorious band of pirates. As we make our way to the shores of Lake Pontchartrain, you will cross over the longest bridge in the world – the Pontchartrain Causeway.
You will visit one of the French Quarter’s historic cemeteries and learn about the unique above ground burial system. Afterwards we will follow the path of the St. Charles Avenue streetcar, the oldest continuously operating passenger railway system in the world (until the service was disrupted by Hurricane Katrina).
We will travel to the world-famous Garden District, where you will see the homes of former Kings and Queens of Mardi Gras.
- Motorcoach transportation
- Experienced guide
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office (Toulouse St.@ the Mississippi River in the French Quarter)
What to Remember
• Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. Please submit any special requests at least 48 hours in advance of your reservations.
• The parking lot fee is approximately USDOLL 11-13 for up to 4 or more hours unless it is a special event.
• Please allow extra time for driving through the French Quarter which is congested with heavy pedestrian and vehicle traffic at all times.
• Tours will not be conducted on Mardi Gras Day and Thanksgiving Day.