Guided Tour: Garden District and Lafayette CemeteryProduct ID: 23429
From £12.28 per personBook now
- Wander through the plush Garden Districts and take in the grand homes and mansions
- Learn about how this area developed from plantations to a playground for the rich
- Enjoy a historically accurate tour led by an expert guide
- Get to grips with a turbulent history in the Lafayette Cemetery
- See the former homes of John Goodman, Archie Manning, and the house where Jefferson Davis died
Take a tour through this fragrant section of the city, and learn about the history of the neighborhood. See the impressive homes of Archie Manning, John Goodman, and the house where the Confederate president Jefferson David died. Marvel at the impressive facades, and learn about how this part of the city evolved from plantations, to landscaped gardens, to suburban streets.
Take a trip to the Lafayette Cemetery, a location full of history. This was one of the earliest German American cemeteries, and is also the final resting place for merchants from Scotland, Ireland, and Scandinavia.
Led by an expert guide, get to grips with the diverse history and culture of the fascinating city of New Orleans.
- 2-hour tour
Take the St. Charles Streetcar from Canal & Carondelet to Washington Avenue. The Garden District tour starts from 2727 Prytania, in front of Still Perkin' Coffee Shop. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 23429