Delhi, Agra and Varanasi 5-Day Private Tour
From £205 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from your hotel, or from the airport or bus/train station on arrangement. Please provide precise details on booking, including hotel name and address, flight arrival time and number, train arrival time etc.
- Enjoy a street food tour and Heritage walk in Old Delhi
- Visit Delhi's Red Fort, Jammai Masjid, Chandi Chowk, Lotus Temple, Gandhi Smriti, Humayan Tomb and more
- Take a boat ride with your guide on the sacred river Ganges to see the sunrise.
- Watch a performance of the Aarti (Oil Lamps) ceremony on the banks of the Ganges.
- Marvel at the plush Taj Mahal, and see the impressive Agra Fort in Agra
- Explore the cities of Agra and Varanasi led by a professional guide, and travel from site to site by air-conditioned vehicle
- Choose to start tour from Delhi, Agra or Varanasi
Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
For the first day you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to the hotel. Later you will go for a Delhi local sightseeing tour.
- If you arrive in the MORNING on the first day, you will go for a sightseeing tour of Delhi which includes Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple, India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhavan and Akshardham temple.
- If you arrive in the AFTERNOON on the first day you will be taken to India gate and Akshardham temple.
- If you arrive in the EVENING on the first day you will go for a Connaught place visit and you can have dinner there or rest in the hotel.
- If you arrive at NIGHT time, rest in the hotel to get ready for the next day.
NOTE: Some of the monuments are closed on Mondays in Delhi, in which case we might show you some different sights in Delhi
Overnight in Delhi
Day 2: Explore Delhi
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel, then you will go for a sightseeing tour of Delhi which will include the Old Delhi heritage walk with entrance to Jama Masjid, Spice market, Himayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple. Then we will drive past India Gate, Rashtrapati Bhavan and Gandhi Smriti (Assasination place of Mahatma Gandhi now converted into very inspiring museum).
With a rich history, Delhi offers not just a quaint shopping experience, but wonderful eating experience from a variety of options ranging from regional cuisine to lip-smacking street food.
NOTE: Some of the monuments are closed on Mondays in Delhi, in which case we might show you some diffrent sights in Delhi. This may also be the case if you have already seen some of the monuments on Day 1.
Day 3: Departure for Agra
Pick-up from the hotel at 05:00 and drive to Agra by private air conditioned vehicle or by train (Air conditioned chair car/ 3-tier sleeper). After arriving in Agra, your private guide will show you around the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and the Baby Taj. In the evening board an overnight train to the Hindu/Buddhist city of Varanasi.
NOTE:You will be on your own during train journey, purchase some snacks prior train journey
Day 4: Varanasi
When you arrive at Varanasi train station in the morning please be sure that you get off the train at Varanasi railway station. Your pick-up will be waiting outside the train coach. Please read arrival and departure instructions on your train ticket carefully. From the station you will be assisted by the representative to the hotel. After spending some time relaxing, proceed on a guided tour of Varanasi, the religious capital of Hinduism. The sacred city, the symbol of Hindu renaissance and associated with spiritualism, mysticism, Sanskrit language and yoga will take you through the hallowed realms of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple (from outside), Bharatmata temple, Gyanvapi Mosque, Benaras Hindu University, the center of learning and civilization for over 3000 years and the biggest University in Asia and other important monuments including the sacred place for Jains, birthplace of Parsvanath, the twenty-third Tirthankar.
In the evening, against the sublime backdrop of the setting sun, attend the aarti at the Ghat. You will stay overnight at Varanasi.
Day 5: Varanasi - Delhi / Onward journey
In the early hours, drive to Daswamedh Ghat at Ganges and take a boat ride with your guide on the sacred river Ganges to see the sunrise, the cremation Ghats and the sacred rituals. Watch hundreds of faithful take a bath and pray on the banks.The entire scene comes alive as a reassurance of Hindu faith and spiritualism. Return for a walk through the cobblestone streets along the banks of "Ganga" and see the buzz around the shops opening and selling holy beads, handicrafts, etc. Later in the evening you will be transferred to the station to catch the overnight train for Delhi/ Mumbai /Jaipur/Kolkatta/Chennai.
BE SURE ABOUT YOUR ARRIVAL TIME AND WAKE UP 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR STATION ARRIVAL TIME. ARRIVAL TIME WILL BE PRINTED ON YOUR TRAIN TICKET. WE WILL ALSO INFORM YOU OF THE NAME OF THE STOP PRIOR TO YOUR STOP.
If you want us to take care any of your further travel arrangements and bookings please contact us without any hesitation.
There is also option of "Tour / Group Leader" who will assist and travel along with you throughout the tour. You need not worry about any hassle including your pick-up and drop-off, as the group leader will pick you up from your location in India. Please check booking option for this. This option may also be suitable for first timers, travelling female/s, children and disabled.
Bring winter clothes between November and mid-March.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast as per selected tour option
- Round Trip
- Air conditioned train tickets.
- Sightseeing tour of Delhi, Agra and Varanasi by private A/C car.
- Boat ride in Varanasi.
- All arrival, departure and sightseeing by private car including fuel charges, driver allowance.
- Guide fees.
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Camera fees
- Tips and personal expenses
Pick-up from your hotel, or from the airport or bus/train station on arrangement. Please provide precise details on booking, including hotel name and address, flight arrival time and number, train arrival time etc.
• Please note that train tickets are not always available, especially at short notice
• Please provide a copy of a valid ID to book tickets
• The itinerary described is tentative. You have the option to start the tour from Varanasi, Agra or Delhi
• Most monuments in Delhi are closed on Mondays. The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays and all monuments remain closed on national holidays, such as Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Gandhi's Birthday (2 October), Independence Day (15 August) and Republic Day (26 January). Please check before booking.
• Rooms will be on triple sharing basis if you are 3 participants, double sharing basis if you are two participants and on single sharing basis if you are only one participant. Please ignore this if you have selected the option without accommodation.
Product ID: 38746