Embark on a full-day excursion to Agra for a private tour of the Taj Mahal. Travel from Delhi by express train, and see the Taj Mahal at sunrise, continue on to tour the massive Agra Fort, and make a stop at the Fatehpur Sikri Ghost Town.
What to Expect
You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon/Faridabad/Ghaziabad at 05:00 by air conditioned car for the transfer to the New Delhi railway station. Depart from the New Delhi railway station for Agra. Driver will show you the seat. Enjoy the speedy, fully air conditioned express train with breakfast on board.
Meet your private guide and driver at the Agra Cantt railway station, looking for the sign (placard) with your name at exit. Begin your private tour in an air conditioned car, accompanied by your guide, and visit the Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal was built in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial for his beloved wife Mumtaz.
After touring the Taj Mahal you’ll head to the nearby Agra Fort. Agra Fort was built in 1565 A.D. and it is another majestic creation of the Mughal Emperor Akbar.
Enjoy a lunch break at an air conditioned multi-cuisine restaurant. Just after lunch proceed for the tour of Fatehpur Sikri. Fatehpur Sikri also known as Ghost City, built by Emperor Akbar in the 16th century, with marvelous red stones work in the palaces.
After Fatehpur, spend your last hour enjoying a bite to eat or coffee at a nearby restaurant.
Later, you’ll be transferred to the Agra Cantt railway station for the return journey to New Delhi. Dinner will be served on the train.
A driver will pick you up at the New Delhi railway station for the transfer back to your accommodation.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation to railway station
- Round trip train tickets between Delhi and Agra
- Breakfast and dinner on board train
- Entrance ticket of Taj Mahal, Agra Fort & Fatehpur Sikri (if all inclusive option chosen)
- Private live tour guide for Agra & also for Fatehpur Sikri
- Lunch in a multi-cuisine restaurant (if all inclusive option chosen)
- Sightseeing by private air conditioned car
- Private uniformed driver
- All parking fees, tolls and taxes, allowances, fuel and interstate taxes
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday
• Lunch at a multicuisine restaurant can be pre-booked at an additional cost of net USD 10 per person in OPTION A
• Optional tours of marble inlay workshops and a carpet weaving site can be arranged on request
• Please carry a valid photo ID (passport/driving license/student identity card) for the train journeys